The Seventeenth Meeting of States Parties (17MSP) to the Mine Ban Treaty took place at the UN office in Geneva from 26 to 30 November 2018 and was presided over by Afghanistan.
- Mauritania announced completion of mine clearance
- Oman announced completion of stockpile destruction
- Ukraine submitted its clearance deadline extension request, putting it back in compliance with the Mine Ban Treaty
- Sri Lanka submitted its first Article 7 report
- Several states took the floor to address the issue of improvised mines
- Victim assistance and mine action funding were also discussed during parallel meetings
- 10 states not party attended the 17MSP
- The Landmine Monitor 2018 report was launched on 20 November 2018.
- Find the report online, at